We are excited to announce that in October 2012 Teledyne Isco will begin shipping the new LaserFlow non-contact flow meter. The LaserFlow meter remotely measures flow in open channels with non-contact Laser Doppler Velocity technology and non-contact Ultrasonic Level technology. The LaserFlow is unlike other non-contact flow meters which only measure surface velocity. The LaserFlow uses advanced technology to measure velocity with a laser beam at single or multiple points below the surface of the flow stream.
This brief animation demonstrates how the LaserFlow is mounted inside a manhole and it’s ability to measure velocities at a single point as well as multiple points at multiple depths as well as showing how velocity and water level are measured during surcharge conditions.
The LaserFlow Sensor is compatible with the Isco Signature Flow Meter for permanent installations and the Isco 2160 Module for temporary and “nothing outside the manhole” installations. Once installed it’s specially designed mounting bracket allows for the sensor to be removed and redeployed from above ground without confined space entry.
Additional features include:
- Robust, submersible sensor with IP68 ingress protection.
- Optional Continuous Wave Doppler sensor for use during submerged conditions or for redundant velocity measurement.
- No deadband from face of sensor for both level and velocity measurements.
- Use single or multiple points at 5% below the surface, or single or multiple points at 5%, 8%, and 11% below the surface.
- Average velocity is calculated using a peak to average relationship.
- Installation in Class 1 Zone 1 areas (pending approval).
For more product information or to schedule a demonstration please contact your nearest representative.