Flumes for Flow Measurement Systems
Experience with Flumes for over 40 years.
By far the most widely accepted flow measurement device is a flume. With over 40 years experience assisting customers with selecting the appropriate flume for their applications paired with Plasti-Fab, Inc.’s high quality corrosion resistant flumes, let C.C. Lynch & Associates, Inc. help you design your next flow measurement system.
Widely used for flow measurement in manholes and temporary flow studies due to it’s small size and ability to install in existing sewer lines.
Available in sizes 4” to 72” covering flow ranges from 2-80 GPM and 600-91,000 GPM, respectively.
- Precise throat dimensions for accurate flow measuremen
- Standard 1/4” wall thickness
- Free standing with up to 30” of Water Depth
- Premium Grade Isophthalic Gel Coat for long term corrosion resistance
- Head Gage
- Reinforced with engineered box rib design for strength on larger sizes
Fiberglass Reinforced Polyester For Corrosion Resistance
Covering a wide range of flows these flumes were originally designed for use irrigation canals. The sloped sidewalls provide great resolution for applications with significant variance between low and high flow rates.
Available sizes cover flow ranges from 1-30 GPM up to 320-21,970 GPM.
The most widely used flume for flow measurement. Available in sizes 1 inch through 12 feet covering flow ranges from 2-90 GPM up to 3,060-255,000 GPM, respectively.
Available as a nested flume to accommodate facility expansions. Magic Bottoms available to correct a submerged flume condition.
- Precise throat dimensions for accurate flow measurement
- Standard 1/4”wall thickness
- Premium grade isophthalic gel coat for long term corrosion resistance
- Head Gage for visual fluid level check
- Reinforced with engineered box rib design for strength on larger size
- Free standing with up to 30”of water depth
- The most widely used water measurement flume
Requiring free fall from the end of the flume the H, HS, and HL flumes are fantastic flumes for applications with significant variance between low and high flow rates.
Available in sizes 0.4’ to 4’ covering flow ranges from 1-30 GPM up to 10, 38,550 GPM, respectively.
- Widest Range of Flow Available
- High Tolerance to Velocity
- Low Maintenance
- Standard Sizes from 0.4’ to 4.5’
- Engineered & Built to Order
Packaged Metering Manhole
Introduced by Plasti-Fab over 20 years ago, a PMM is the easiest way to properly install a flume in an underground pipe. Integral flume with smooth non-porous bacteria resistant manhole interior.
A complete Packaged Metering Manhole designed for easy installation to solve flow measuring requirements in one clean package.
- HEAVY DUTY COMPOSITE BARRELS • 48”, 60”, and 72” diameter barrels are standard, custom sizes are also available.
- WATERTIGHT - one-piece construction with an integral bottom that completely eliminates infiltration.
- LIGHTWEIGHT - weighs less than 10% of a comparable concrete structure, which facilitates a faster and easier installation.
- CORROSION RESISTANT - extremely resistant to numerous chemicals, salt water, corrosive soil conditions, ground water, and electrolysis.
- STRONG AND DURABLE - built to exceed the structural requirements of ASTM D-3753.
- Smooth white interior gel coat finish provides a clean workspace inside the manhole, and maximizes available illumination.
- COST EFFECTIVE - an excellent alternative to expensive large underground installations.